Tips for Eating and Your Postpartum Digestive Health
Tips for Eating and Postpartum Digestive Health
- Take a few deep breaths (slow, deep breathing can relax your intestinal tract which helps with digestion and nutrient absorption)
- be grateful for your food before eating, even if you’ve got your baby attached to your breast and only one arm available!
- Chew your food consciously and thoroughly
- Keep good quality protein snacks like bliss balls, hot roasted sweet potato with tahini or guacamole, and roasted nuts with you.
- Have family or friends make some nutritious snacks so you’ve got a stash of healthful goodies (See my free recipe guide to share with them)
- Keep the snacks close to your breastfeeding area, along with your water
- Have a flask of ginger, chamomile and fennel tea on hand. This will not only help your digestion but also support breast milk supply
By taking care of yourself and being a mindful eater, you set a positive example for your children – we all know, monkey see monkey do!